- Little Rock Printing offers roll labels, custom die-cut stickers, and clear stickers.
- Roll labels are durable, great for bulk printing, and ideal for products like beverages and cosmetics.
- Custom die-cut stickers are easy to cut into unique shapes, making them suitable for limited-edition products and promotional items.
- Clear stickers provide transparency that’s ideal for showcasing the products they go on—and excellent for clear packaging like glass jars.
- Little Rock Printing can accommodate custom orders with no minimums or maximums, and we print all orders on-site in our Calgary shop to maximize quality control. Contact us to print perfect labels or stickers for your products.
Proper labeling is just as important as the packaging your products come in—it’s how you reach the people who pick your products up in store aisles or from farmer’s market stands, and it provides a constant reminder of your branding to anyone who uses them. But choosing the right kind of label for your products can be tricky, so it helps to know a bit about your options before you print them and ship out your orders.
At Little Rock Printing, we print several different kinds of labels—including roll labels, clear stickers, and custom die-cut stickers. In this article, we walk you through the differences and ideal applications for each kind so that you can make your products really pop.
- Great for Bulk Printing: The rolls that these labels are printed on means there’s basically no wasted space between labels. This makes them easy to print in large quantities.
- Easy to Apply: These labels are easy to peel off and apply by hand or with a machine, making them suitable for both small businesses and large-scale operations.
- Durable: Our roll labels at Little Rock are made from BOPP, which offers superior durability and resistance to environmental conditions.
- Flexible: Although many roll labels are printed in squares, circles, or ovals, we can also print roll labels in custom shapes to suit practically any product.
- Products that require bulk labeling such as beverages, food jars, and cosmetics.
- Businesses that have varying product sizes and require different label sizes.
- Products that are exposed to varying conditions (refrigerated, outdoor, etc.).
Custom Die Cut Stickers
- Unique Shapes: These stickers are easily cut into any shape, allowing you to make your product stand out with a distinctive look.
- Versatility: High-quality permanent vinyl can make custom stickers for long-lasting applications, while removable vinyl is an awesome way to make stickers for indoor or short-term uses.
- Easy Peeling: All of our custom die-cut stickers include easy-peel edges.
- Limited edition products or specialty items (ex. bumper stickers).
- Brands that want to make a strong visual impact.
- Promotional items, giveaways, or branding materials.
- Transparency: These stickers let your customers see more of the product.
- Weather-Resistant: The clear vinyl we use resists fading and won’t be easily damaged by weather.
- Minimalist: Provides a modern, clean look to products.
- Products with transparent packaging like glass jars or bottles.
- Brands aiming for a minimalist or modern aesthetic.
- Products where it’s essential to see the content, such as beverages or beauty products.
Comparison Chart: What Kind of Labels Should I Use for My Product?
While the choice of what kind of labels or stickers to use for your products is ultimately up to you, we have some suggestions when it comes to what to use on different product types. Use the chart below to see what we recommend for the following popular categories:
|Roll Labels||Custom Die-Cut Stickers||Clear Stickers|
|Cosmetics & Beauty Products||Y||Y||Y|
|Promotional Items (plastic cups, notebooks, etc.)||Y|
|Food Jars (e.g., jams)||Y||Y|
|Cardboard Product Packaging||Y||Y|
|Apparel & Accessories||Y|
Type: Clear Stickers
This trendy cake-in-a-jar company from Calgary used our clear labels to showcase the beautiful contents of their ready-to-eat products. Notice how simple the design here is—the point is really to let customers see as much of the actual product as possible.
Type: Custom Die-Cut Stickers
Deano Robertson is a tattoo artist born and raised on Vancouver Island, who is known for his culturally-inspired body art. These custom die-cut stickers use a bold, colourful design on a bright white background to command attention, and are printed on high-quality vinyl that will last no matter where they’re put up.
Padayon Candle Co.
Type: Roll Labels
Padayon Candle Co. creates oil diffusers and hand-poured scented candles in a variety of creative scents. They used our roll labels to create decals for their bottles, as well as for the packaging of their products.
Find Your Print Partner with Little Rock Printing
No matter what kind of labels or stickers you need, Little Rock Printing has your back. We print nearly every order ourselves in our Calgary print shop and can ship across Canada. We also have no minimum or maximum order sizes, which makes getting the exact number of labels or stickers you want a breeze.
Best of all, we guarantee our timelines—so if you need your products ready for a specific date, you can count on us. Just select a delivery date of 1-5 business days away when you place your order and we promise to have them ready by then. Contact us now to learn more or browse the FAQ below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Printing Labels & Stickers
Can I see what my labels or stickers will look like before printing in bulk?
Yes! We’ll send you a proof of your order beforehand if you place an order for a single unit and use the code “FREEPROOF” at checkout. This gives you a chance to make sure you’ve chosen the right materials for your design and submitted it to us properly before ordering in bulk.
Can I compare your available materials?
Of course! Our Free Sample Kits contain small amounts of every material we offer—including labels and stickers. Request one using the link above and we’ll send you everything you need to make the right decision for your products.
Do I need to laminate my labels or stickers?
It depends on what you plan to use them for. Temporary applications and disposable products generally do not require laminate, but products that must be stored long-term should be laminated to protect them during transport and sale (as well as any cold storage or other environmental conditions they might face).