- Choosing a custom printer you trust is crucial for all your small business printing needs.
- You want to find a custom printer that produces quality prints every time, at a good price, values customer satisfaction, and provides other unique offerings and services.
- Our experts at Little Rock Printing can help you with all your small business needs. We offer in-house printing services, custom order sizes with no minimums, and can send you a free proof before you submit your full order.
Choosing the right custom printer for your small business is crucial if you’re looking to make a lasting impression with your print materials. From business cards to brochures and more, who you choose as a custom printer can significantly impact the quality of your brand representation.
That’s why you need a custom printer you can trust, like our experts at Little Rock Printing! There’s no print job too large or small to fit your business needs, and we’re here to give you our best recommendations on how to achieve the highest-quality print every time. Here’s what you should look for when choosing a custom printer for your small business, and why we fit the bill.
Need print marketing essentials for your small business? Check these out:
Quality of Prints
The first thing you need to consider when choosing a custom printer is the print quality. You want to make sure your marketing materials are printed at the highest quality every time, so finding a custom printer that shares that passion for excellence is key. Here are some things to look for when it comes to print quality:
- Print Resolution: Be sure that the custom printer prints in high resolution for sharp and clear prints. A minimum of 300 DPI (dots per inch) is recommended for all high-res products, allowing for the best result. At Little Rock, we recommend all designs be provided to us as a print-friendly PDF for the best printing quality.
- Colour Accuracy: Look for a custom printer that provides accurate colour reproduction. Samples or a detailed colour chart can help you gauge the printer’s colour capabilities. We provide a free sample of your design so you can see how it will turn out before placing a larger order by using the code “FREEPROOF” at checkout.
- Print Technology: There are various types of print technologies (offset, digital or screen printing). Do your research and choose one that aligns with your specific project needs and preferences.
- Paper Options: A good custom printer offers a range of paper options to suit different projects. With each of our print materials, we’ll list the paper options available for you to choose from and what makes them different. We also offer a free sample kit with examples of different paper materials, stickers, posters, and more so you can see, and feel, for yourself.
Another thing you want to consider is knowing how much your print materials are going to cost per order. You want to find a custom printer that’s upfront with what they’re charging you and what’s included in that price. Here’s what to consider for pricing:
- Transparent Pricing: Find a custom printer that provides clear, itemized pricing. This includes costs for printing, design services, and any additional fees. At Little Rock, we include a “starting at” price for each of our print material types and as you make your selections for size, paper type, and more, the price changes. We also include a chart for quantities along with delivery speed (excluding delivery fees).
- Bulk Discounts: If your small business requires printing in larger volumes, ask if there’s a bulk discount. Some printers offer significant savings for printing higher quantities. Our price per unit not only decreases with larger quantities, but you can definitely save some money for a longer delivery deadline.
- Hidden Costs: Be cautious of any hidden fees such as setup charges, file handling fees, or additional costs for rush orders. Ask for a comprehensive quote to avoid any surprises.
- Value For Money: Consider the overall value of the product rather than just the lowest price. High-quality prints and excellent customer service may justify a slightly higher price.
While it may seem more elusive than the other two points, customer service can make or break your experience with a custom printing company. You want to find a company that responds in a timely manner and is willing to help with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Communication: Choose a custom printer that effectively communicates with you. They should have a responsive team that can address concerns, provide updates, and ensure an overall smooth printing process. If you ever need to contact the Little Rock team, you can contact us by phone or email here.
- Timely Responses: Evaluate the responsiveness of the customer service team. Quick and efficient responses indicate a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Problem Resolution: It’s super important to know that your problem or concern can be handled quickly, so ask about the printer’s approach to problem resolution. A reliable printer should have procedures in place to address issues promptly and professionally.
For a custom printer that goes above and beyond, look for any special services or offerings that make the company unique.
- Design Assistance: Some custom printers offer design services to help enhance the visual appeal of your prints. Consider this option if you lack in-house design capabilities. We don’t offer custom design work at Little Rock, but we highly recommend Canva as an easy, free design tool for all your printing needs. We do have a few print-ready Canva templates as well to get you started.
- Customization Options: Look for a printer that offers customization beyond basic printing, such as special finishes, embossing, or die-cutting for unique and memorable print materials. Each of our print material types will list special considerations or features for you to select when placing your order.
- Rush Orders: If your small business requires last-minute printing, check to see if the custom printer can accommodate rush orders. Understand that there may be associated costs and limitations. We do offer a 1-day delivery time as an option for some of our print orders, but it will cost more to print.
- Shipping and Delivery: Assess the custom printer’s shipping options and delivery times. A reliable delivery service ensures your prints arrive on time and in good condition. We ship anywhere in Canada! Check out the FAQ section at the bottom for a list of our shipping offerings, including free curbside pickup.
Choose Little Rock As Your Custom Printer
As detailed above, selecting the right custom printer involves a thorough evaluation of print quality, pricing, customer service, and additional services. By considering all of these factors, your small business can establish a long-term partnership with a reliable custom printer that meets your needs.
At Little Rock Printing, we’re ready to bring that partnership and all your printing essentials to life. When you’re ready to get started, contact the Little Rock Printing experts here and check out the FAQ section below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Some of the Print Materials You Offer?
We offer a large assortment of print materials to fit your business needs. We have a variety of materials across different product types like booklets and documents, stickers and roll labels, and more. Here are a few examples of the print projects we produce:
- Business Cards
- Tent Cards
- Custom Die Cut Stickers
How Long Does it Take to Print an Order?
Most of our products come with options to have your order ready within 1-5 business days. Please provide a print-ready PDF file with your design so we can focus on making each order perfectly and deliver by your deadline.
Can I Order Proofs With Little Rock?
We don’t require a minimum order size, but you can order a single copy with the code “FREEPROOF” at checkout. We’ll send a sample of your design for free, so you can see what it looks like and make any necessary changes or adjustments before submitting your larger order.
Where Does Little Rock Ship To?
Our print materials ship anywhere in Canada! Shipping charges are calculated at checkout, based on your address and delivery type:
- Canada Ground Shipping (4-5 days): $9.99
- Canada Express Post (2-3 days): $19.99
- Purolator Express (1-2 day): $24.99
- Calgary City Limits (+1 Day): $9.99
- Calgary Curbside Pickup: FREE
Can I Set Up An Account with Little Rock Printing?
We love new and returning customers, and are happy to set up an account. You can pay as you go online, keep a card on file, or apply for credit. You can request a credit application at [email protected].